Summer in Madrid
Written on 27/07/2016.
1. Come to any of the parks in the city. Most of them have fountains and ponds that cool the environment; and some you can even dip your feet in the water.
2. In the Retiro park you can lie in the cool grass in the shade of the trees. You can also walk in the rowboats on the lake.
3. Drink a beer with lemon on any terrace. Some of them have a system of water vapor which cools the air and the temperature decreases.
4. In the Casa de Campo you can enjoy its lake, picnic areas and shadows of the trees.
5. Take a stroll through Madrid River. The plenty of trees and the river Manzanares make the temperature drops a few degrees from the city center.
6. You can take a dip in any of the many public pools in the city. For example in the pool "La Playa de Madrid", in the district of Moncloa.
7. Come to the largest water park in Madrid, Aquopolis, and enjoy your slides: Aquopolis Madrid (there are 2 installations, one in Villanueva de la Canada and one in San Fernando de Henares). Or cool off in the summer attractions of Madrid's Theme Park or the Warner Park Madrid.
8. And if you still want more cool, very close to the city of Madrid, within the community, there are many forests, dams, campgrounds and recreational areas where you can spend the day or the weekend with much more frigid temperatures.
9. For beach lovers. Madrid has no sea, but thanks to the last lines of AVE, can go from Madrid to Valencia or Alicante in just one hour and a half (2 hours to Alicante). And you will enjoy a fantastic day beach and sea.