1. Come to any of the parks in the city. Most of them have fountains and ponds that cool the environment; and some you can even dip your feet in the water.
2. In the Retiro park you can lie in the cool grass in the shade of the trees. You can also walk in the rowboats on the lake.
3. Drink a beer with lemon on any terrace. Some of them have a system of water vapor which cools the air and the temperature decreases.
4. In the Casa de Campo you can enjoy its lake, picnic areas and shadows of the trees.
5. Take a stroll through Madrid River. The plenty of trees and the river Manzanares make the temperature drops a few degrees from the city center.
6. You can take a dip in any of the many public pools in the city. For example in the pool "La Playa de Madrid", in the district of Moncloa.
7. Come to the largest water park in Madrid, Aquopolis, and enjoy your slides: Aquopolis Madrid (there are 2 installations, one in Villanueva de la Canada and one in San Fernando de Henares). Or cool off in the summer attractions of Madrid's Theme Park or the Warner Park Madrid.
8. And if you still want more cool, very close to the city of Madrid, within the community, there are many forests, dams, campgrounds and recreational areas where you can spend the day or the weekend with much more frigid temperatures.
9. For beach lovers. Madrid has no sea, but thanks to the last lines of AVE, can go from Madrid to Valencia or Alicante in just one hour and a half (2 hours to Alicante). And you will enjoy a fantastic day beach and sea.
Written on 27/07/2016.
Madrid Walking Tour
For anybody with just a few days to spare, Madrid is a great place to visit. This video makes it really simple to get around Madrid and shows how close together most of the tourist places are.
Written on 18/02/2016.
Autumn in Madrid
To enjoy the beauty of autumn in Madrid we recommend, in particular, four parks and gardens: La Casa de Campo Park, El Capricho Park, Los Jardines de Sabatini and, of course, El Retiro.
In addition, following the return of summer vacation are many events that come together in the city, both cultural events like sports: premieres of new plays and miscales, releases new art exhibitions and painting in the Prado, The Reina Sofia and Thyssen, many marathons, half marathon and fun runs, festivals.
Fall is also the auspicious time to enjoy two great gifts of nature, related to the autumnal cookery: chestnuts and mushrooms.
Although you will not find in Madrid chestnut. If is very typical found late autumn roasted chestnuts positions in any of the main streets of the city, they can enjoy a dozen roasted chestnuts for very little money.
With the arrival of the first rains of autumn mushroom season begins. They can be found in El Retiro, in the Casa de Campo, and in other places in the surroundings of Madrid. In the Casa de Campo Park there are many species, some edible and others poisonous. Be careful!
Also, if you do not move regardless of the city and closer to the mountains of Madrid can enjoy its forests, which are converted into recreational areas where many people walk their baskets under the arm for these delicacies.
Mycological Tourism is a growing strongly, more and more fans of this hobby.
The Sierra de Madrid has a varied natural wealth that favors the growth of various species of edible and inedible mushrooms.
Be careful if you go looking for mushrooms! If you do not know very well, do not consume! Remember that there are very poisonous species. There are Mycological Associations that can advise you.Many restaurants of the capital, at this time, offer tipical dishes where the main ingredients are mushrooms and/or chestnuts.
Written on 20/12/2013.